- CLEARANCE SALE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- COMING SOON
- CLONING & SEED STARTING
- GROW CARTS
- GROW TENTS & SYSTEMS
- GROWING MEDIA & CONTAINERS
- HYDROPONIC PLANT NUTRIENTS
- GREENHOUSE LIGHTING
- HVAC SYSTEMS
- INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT
- ROLLING BENCHES, TRAYS & RESERVOIRS
- TOOLS, ACCESSORIES & MORE
- Where to Buy
- Soil Calculator
- Electricity cost calculator
- Circuit load capacity calculator
- Lamps Watt to BTU/hr converter
- Estimate the number of grow light fixtures required
- Reservoir volume calculator
- Culture room area calculator
- Air exchange CFM calculator
- Dehumidifier Sizing Calculator
- CO2 calculator
- CO2 operating time calculator
- Feed Chart Calculators
- Glossary of Hydroponic terms
- Date Codes
- Pesticides, Insecticides & Fungicides Regulation
- Pimp my Store
- Policy Information
- Promotional items
- RMA - Return merchandise authorization
- RMA - Terms and conditions
- Warranty Information
- Become a retailer
Introducing Lightspeed Ceramic Metal Halide Grow Lights, Reflectors and Ballasts.
If you’ve been thinking about making the switch to ceramic metal halide lamps, but are hesitant because of the cost, Hydrotek Hydroponics has a solution for you. The Lightspeed and SilverStar CMH lineup is economical, reliable, and available now from your local hydroponics supplies retailer!
Switching to a ceramic metal halide system will increase the growth, health, and yield of your plants PLUS will lower your energy costs by up to 70%. Skeptical? Read on.
Since the CMH bulb spectrum is much wider than HPS/MH, a 4200K or 3000K bulb can be used from vegetative state straight through to flowering, or alternate 4200K during vegetative and 3000K for flowering to maximize growth and yield. CMH bulbs are also extremely efficient, achieving 1.9uMol/Watt with the closest Color Rendering Index to the sun (100CRI) of any available grow light, 91 CRI, compared to metal halide’s CRI of 65, and high pressure sodium’s CRI of 30.
Ceramic metal halide systems also produce more ultraviolet, or UV, light which has been shown to produce stronger stems and stalks with tighter internodes resulting in denser plants with larger flowers.
The square-wave technology used in the Lightspeed CMH Ballasts produce steadier beams of light than the standard sine- wave ballast. Less flickering and fluctuations in the light intensity will give your plants significantly more light over its lifespan compared to HPS or MH lamps. More light equals more growth!
What makes ceramic metal halide so much better than HPS or MH? By providing a fuller spectrum at lower wattages, less heat is expelled from the bulb and your grow fixture can be placed closer to the canopy, increasing light intensity and canopy penetration. Since one watt is equal to 3.4BTUs of heat, then one 1000W HPS lamp is using 70% more power and releasing 70% more heat into the grow room. A CMH grow system not only saves electrical power directly, but will also lower your cooling costs.
Hydrotek Hydroponics has embraced Ceramic Metal Halide technology, and the results from our commercial hydroponic growers and medical marijuana producers cannot be denied. Following months of research and development, followed by more testing and adjusting, we are proud to release the newest members of the Lightspeed and SilverStar line of products.
The ultra-efficient ceramic metal halide system can do the same job as MH and HPS with better results and less power. If you’re serious about growing hydroponics, you should definately consider incorporating ceramic metal halide systems into your installation, whether as supplemental lighting or as a replacement for HPS/MH.
Available this fall, visit our web site for more information or click on the relevant link.
- SilverStar CMH Reflector 315W Ballast System
- SilverStar CMH-R Reflector
- Lightspeed 630W DE Growlight Fixture 3KV
- Lightspeed 315W CMH Growlight Fixture
- Lightspeed Digital CMH Ballast 630W Dimmable Dial
- Speed Digital CMH 315W Ballast DIM Dial
- Lightspeed Netbox 315W CMH Ballast