- NEW PRODUCTS
- COMING SOON
- GROW TENTS, SYSTEMS & TRAYS
- GROWING ENVIRONMENT
- GROWING MEDIA & CONTAINERS
- PLANT PROPAGATION, NUTRITION & HEALTH
- ROLLING BENCHES
- TOOLS, ACCESSORIES & MORE
- WATER & AERATION
- Where to Buy
- Electricity cost calculator
- Circuit load capacity calculator
- Lamps Watt to BTU/hr converter
- Estimate the number of grow light fixtures required
- Reservoir volume calculator
- Culture room area calculator
- Air exchange CFM calculator
- Dehumidifier Sizing Calculator
- CO2 calculator
- CO2 operating time calculator
- Feed Chart Calculators
- Date Codes
- Policy Information
- Warranty Information
- Promotional items
- Pimp my Store
- Become a retailer
Air exchange CFM calculator
As important to your grow as lighting, nutrients, and water, is the air circulation within the grow room.
Ignoring the air exchange rate of your grow set-up will attract pests and mold, clog plant pores, slow transpiration, and increase humidity, to name a few potential problems.
Ideally, your grow room air should be renewed at least once every 5 minutes.*
The Hydrotek Hydroponics calculator determines precisely the cubic feet per minute required to exchange the air in your grow room. We recommend treating this calculation as the minimum required and adding 25% to balance duct resistance and other factors. Another 25% should be added to the required CFMs to compensate if using carbon filters, excessively long ducting, or if there are many 30 degree or greater bends in the duct line.
*Note that this method is not applicable to rooms with supplemental CO2.